On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 12:03 PM, Hannes Magnusson
<hannes.magnus...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It is very hard to detect which "php group" a person belongs to, our
> karma system doesn't work like that.
>
> We can easily detect if an account is an php.net SVN account though.
> And the wiki can tell you if a person has write access to that specific page.
>
> Most external users have assigned "write" groups, "qa", "rfc", "web".
> These are the people who have requested access to these areas.
>
> I was under the impression the vote plugin respected the write
> permission acl to that page, so a user would need to have write karma
> to that namespace to be able to vote.
> Does it have no builtin functionality like that?
>
> -Hannes

Imo the best would be to have the voting under a different namespace,
and create a group for that.
the @php.net users would be by default in it, and we can add others manually.
I think that the voting plugin either supports checking the
restrictions or would be easy to extend it to support that.

--
Ferenc Kovács
@Tyr43l - http://tyrael.hu