On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 11:56, Pierre Joye <pierre....@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 11:53 AM, Hannes Magnusson
> <hannes.magnus...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 10:45, Stas Malyshev <smalys...@sugarcrm.com> wrote:
>>> Hi!

>>> I'd say for core features everybody with write access to the core, but then
>>> again, not sure about how to formalize that. Note that vote isn't meant to
>>> be the decision. At least I think it wasn't and shouldn't mean that. It
>>> should be a measure of if there's a consensus about certain thing or not.
>>>
>>> As for technical side, I don't know enough about how the auth system works
>>> to see if we can enforce it technically. If somebody with this
>>> knowledge is willing to help, please ping me and we can discuss how to
>>> implement this in docuwiki.
>>
>> I thought I had pointed this out already.
>>
>> AFAICT anyone with wiki account can vote. And anyone can get wiki account.
>>
>> People with wiki accounts however cannot modify any content because we
>> have write restrictions on everything, so before this vote plugin came
>> along a wiki account was utterly useless without an admin explicitly
>> giving write karma.
>
> Yes, hence why I said we have to fix that in the moodle plugin. But
> who can vote is clearly define. Now, I'd to ask wiki admins to do not
> accept random accounts for the fun to accept them. Thanks.

There is no "accept an account". Thanks.

Creating an account in the wiki, creates an account.
Like I said, the user doesn't have write access to anything unless
someone explicitly gives him write access (usually to /rfc, or /web).
That generally happens when the account register reads the register
page and send an email to this list and explains why he needs an
account.

-Hannes