On Sun, February 26, 2012 2:03 am, Stas Malyshev wrote:
> Just discovered that our stock "php 4 support discontinued" message in
> bugs looks like:
>
> We are sorry, but we can not support PHP 4 related problems anymore.
> Momentum is gathering for PHP 6, and we think supporting PHP 4 will
> lead to a waste of resources which we want to put into getting PHP 6
> ready.
>
> Unless I've missed something, the "momentum for php 6" is very much
> nonexistent, so we probably want to fix that message :)

Isn't the emotional scarring of PHP 6 == Unicode far enough in the
past to start some momentum for PHP 6?

I sure core Devs have thought about this, and have gone so far as to
make statements for what should be in PHP 6...

PS
If it isn't already, I want to write an RFC to change the default
error_reporting to include E_NOTICE.

--
brain cancer update:
http://richardlynch.blogspot.com/search/label/brain%20tumor