On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 5:08 PM, Richard Lynch <c...@l-i-e.com> wrote:

> On Tue, March 6, 2012 3:30 am, Florian Anderiasch wrote:
>
> Security by blacklist almost always isn't security...
>
> You're bound to miss one of the functions you should have blacklisted,
>  but didn't.

Agreed. The approach I'm developing would be a whitelisting approach.

> Something like Drupal would be crippled by this because major
> extensions used by all rely on access that would probably want to be
> blocked.
>
> So then they'd have to come up with a "blessed" list of extension to
> not block, and then...

The idea would be to make it easy to add to the default whitelist per
include.

Nice idea, in the abstract, but I don't think it will work out to be
> very useful in the Real World (tm).

I'm working on documenting the ideas and refining the approach. I think it
will hold significant value, but a few years ago I also thought that WebOS
would become a major player in the mobile market :)

Adam

P.S. - Thankful to see that your recent update on your medical prognosis,
Richard.