On Tue, May 22, 2012 1:51 pm, Sanford Whiteman wrote:
>> Apparently, we are not the only ones confused by edge cases:
>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supermajority
>
> Can you point to where there's any suggestion of using the ceiling
> (rounding up) instead of requiring whole persons? In fact, the
> Wikipedia page matter-of-factly says "...two thirds (currently 34) of
> the states...."

I should have been more clear:

Whether that article addresses rounding up, down or sideways, it's an
awfully long article for what should be a fairly simple thing...

I know I started zoning out long before the halfway mark.

I certainly didn't do the math for every example from every
country/quorum/entity...

Actually, if we used the "abstain == no" logic of some bodies, I don't
think any of our RFCs would pass :-)

--
brain cancer update:
http://richardlynch.blogspot.com/search/label/brain%20tumor