2013/1/29 Zeev Suraski <z...@zend.com>:
> The RFC explains the pros and cons of doing that, I don't really have any
> additional reasons to add beyond what I already put there.  I believe the
> pros outweigh the cons by a good considerable margin, but that's what the
> vote would be about.  Perhaps the one thing worth adding is that the
> people who worked on Optimizer+ are all major php.net contributors,
> including Dmitry, Stas, Andi and myself - it's not some alien artifact.

I don't doubt any of your abilities, what I do doubt is that how we
can consider an outside project directly into the core. APC would
without a doubt be up to pair if there was more people willingly to
dwell into it (yes dwell as many people see it as an alien artifact
because it touches and modifies some "unusual" things that the average
extension developer don't).

--
regards,

Kalle Sommer Nielsen