Hi

2013/4/3 Laruence <larue...@php.net>:
> Hey:
>    but as you see,  many people was entrapped by the experimental feature,
> and whether the experimental is there is out of their hands.
>
>    I,  from a user aspect,  I need to know whether my project can run in the
> host environment. if not,  I can warn the user to re-configure it. this is
> very important.
>
>    now, the hack way ,  as you can see,  to check if the --with-curlwrappers
> exists in phpinfo(),  doesn't work very well,  if the curl extension is
> built as shared and separated.
>
>   I don't think adding this flag is a hack way,  it's just to reflect some
> features, like if (class_exists(PDO)), or like (if PHP_VERSION == 5.4)...

I see your point, but I think if we start adding "features" to an
experimental feature is a bad idea, it becomes a concern when people
start to rely on experimental features.

I don't think it will be a huge concern for the RMs (cc'd) of 5.5 to
consider removing curlwrappers, then we are done with that once and
for all and we don't even need to add the constant as it would be odd
that just a few versions of 5.4.x would have it.

--
regards,

Kalle Sommer Nielsen
ka...@php.net