Am 26.09.2013 12:16 schrieb "Joe Watkins" <krak...@php.net>:
> For the following reasons the syntax should remain as it is:
>
>         It is consistent with anonymous function calls - args after
definition ...

I think it is exceedingly rare for anynomous functions to be called at
their point of definition, while the constructor of your anonymous class
will alreays be called there.

>         It does not make sense to pass arguments to a constructor that
might not yet be declared

The constructor will be called after the full class definition has been
seen anyway; where the arguments are put syntactically doesn't change that,
does it?

My proposal ($that = new class(constructor args) places the constructor
args in exactly the same place they are when instantiating a nonanonymous
class.

best regards
  Patrick