*From:* yohg...@gmail.com [mailto:yohg...@gmail.com] *On Behalf Of *Yasuo
Ohgaki
*Sent:* Monday, July 21, 2014 12:32 PM
*To:* Zeev Suraski
*Cc:* PHP internals
*Subject:* Re: [PHP-DEV] RFC: Move phpng to master

Hi Zeev,

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 4:31 PM, Zeev Suraski <z...@zend.com> wrote:

As we’re getting closer to release 5.6.0, and given the very high level of
interest in phpng, I think it’s time for us to provide some clarity
regarding what happens post 5.6.0.

Are you willing to have 5.7 branch?

It gives us more time to develop/cleanup/test. It's especially important for

3rd party module developers.

Can you explain a bit more what you mean by that?  I generally don’t think
we should invest in another feature release before this next phpng-based
major version (that’s my personal thinking).  It’ll spread our limited
resources too thin;  But maybe I didn’t quite understand what you had in
mind for putting in the 5.7 branch.

Zeev