On 03/08/14 12:52, Andrea Faulds wrote:
>> Agreed.  I'd very much like to see another RFC that proposes more options
>> for creating an operator for this.  The vote against %% on this RFC should
>> not be construed-- in my opinion, at least-- as a consensus against having
>> any kind of operator for intdiv.
> To save hassle, could I not modify the current RFC and hold another vote? I
> don’t see why we’d need an entirely new RFC.

That the principle of sorting out 64 bit division is accepted is fairly
obvious from the current stated of the vote? Personally I still view
this as part of the general debate on just how 64bit integers are
supported by default in new builds of PHP, in which situation, simply
throwing a new operator at it is not fixing the basic fault in "(int)(3
/ 2)"? Having to decided is one needs a different operator on 64bit
systems is still wrong what ever that operator is?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL