forgotten the link:
https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/658

On 14.08.2014 11:43, Marc Bennewitz wrote:
Hi internals,

I have created a PR to improve the base 2 and base 10 of the standard
math function "log" to reduce rounding errors.

Internally on log(x, 2) the native C function log2(x) and on log(x, 10)
the native C function log10(x) will be called.

The PR is open since april without any comments!
Please please please someone there to merge this.

PS:
Because of after this PR the following will be the same in PHP log10(x)
=== log10(x) the function log10 is needless and could be
deprecated/removed. I will create an RFC if this PR was merged.

Marc