On 15.08.2014 22:39, Andrea Faulds wrote:

On 15 Aug 2014, at 19:57, Marc Bennewitz <php@mabe.berlin> wrote:

Sara,

shouldn't it be merged into the branches PHP-5.4, PHP-5.5 as well as
PHP-5.6 and shouldn't there an info in the NEWS file? It's currently
only merged to master.

Marc

There might be an argument against adding to 5.4 and 5.5 in that code may now
give slightly different results from before, and it’s not really a bugfix as
there was no bug.

Sure, the results can be a little bit different and it's not a bug but the results will be more correct a it was before and there is fully backwards compatible as nobody hears on a very small and rounded value.

I don't see any reason to wait for PHP-7 and I also don't see any reason to not integrate it into PHP-5.4 to PHP-5.6

--
Andrea Faulds
http://ajf.me/