Hi!

Here are my thoughts.

The general concept should be called Optional Type Declarations, to replace
“Type Hinting". They are type declarations, and they are optional. Thus the
name. For the things themselves, they’re just Type Declarations, to replace
“Type Hints". So, for example:

“I am a big fan of optional type declarations. I am always sure to use a type
declaration for my functions’ parameters and return type. I would very much
like to see type declarations for scalar types added, but realise this is
unlikely to happen in the near future.”

For the return type case specifically, it would be a “Return Type Declaration”.

Does that sound reasonable?

Thanks!
--
Andrea Faulds