On Thu, 2014-10-30 at 13:06 +0100, Ferenc Kovacs wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 11:59 AM, Bob Weinand <bobw...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>         Hey, I can accept that.
>

>         But it’d be great if you could only revert now in the 5.6.3
>         release branch, not in the 5.6 development branch, so that
>         this gives us now still some time to see what exactly we want
>         to revert or not and for some eventual RFC?
>

> we could do that, but that will make the RMs job much harder, because
> that means that any upcoming 5.6 rc/stable release has to be always
> cherry picking everything but the phpng stuff.
> I think having it in the krakjoe/phpdbg repo, or in php-src but under
> a feature branch would be better.
>

>         To add for 3.: Issues where with what I really couldn’t think
>         of (separate build dir on Linux…) or the issues with a JSON
>         dep or Windows which I couldn’t test.
>

> yeah, sorry if it sounded as I'm blaming you guys, I was trying to
> make a point about that big changes like that need some time to
> stabilize and I also think that some of the issues would have been
> pointed out if there would be some discussion prior merging a bunch of
> changes to php-src.
>

>         Also, just to point it out: Windows allows extensions to be in
>         a random directory, *nix does not. I’d rather change
>         the /acinclude.m4 to not be bound to the /ext directory, so
>         that it just works like on Windows.
>         (That ugly hack really annoys me too…)
>

> I could live with that, but we have to be careful when changing the
> build infrastructure, because people build php on more platform than
> we test on.
>

>         It wasn’t also a single feature, but more features (though XML
>         protocol could be well be the cause of 1/3 of the lines
>         changed in phpdbg)...
>

> fair enough.
> is there any change which is not related to the remote debugging/new
> xml protocol and you would want to have it in 5.6.3?
> We are getting late with the tag, so my quick solution would be
> reverting everything phpdbg related from PHP-5.6 in the last 5 days or
> so.
>

> --
> Ferenc Kovács
> @Tyr43l - http://tyrael.hu

Morning,

        These should be saved:

https://github.com/krakjoe/phpdbg/commit/fa3a01374d30a9efb6d455ba952aea2187254420
https://github.com/krakjoe/phpdbg/commit/de656f8a49ee0e8cd67812bac579747df9de98fa

        +1 on reverting all changes, please do save those two though ...

        I'll take a look at what that results in and have master mirror that,
Bob is busy with uni for the next few days, so guess he won't have time.

Cheers
Joe