On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 10:25 AM, Stanislav Malyshev <smalys...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > There has been some debate about whether to make “PHP 5.7". I have
> > made a very simple RFC. It proposes a final minor version of PHP 5,
> > PHP 5.7, to be released at the same time as PHP 7, with no new
> > features whatsoever.
> >
> > The hope is that we can put this to a vote in 2 weeks’ time and
> > settle the matter, just as we did with the PHP 6/7 name vote,
> > although perhaps slightly less messily this time. ;)
>
> It'd be nice to describe what we have now for 5.7 - i.e. which
> deprecation messages and other warnings are on the agenda? Doesn't have
> to be the exclusive list but at least to give the idea what we're
> talking about.

Just an initial list, feel free to extend it:

   - we could add an E_DEPRECATED for zpp overflow:
   https://wiki.php.net/rfc/zpp_fail_on_overflow
   - if we could trigger E_DEPRECATED for function foo($x,$x) {} which is
   now a compile error thanks to https://wiki.php.net/phpng that would be
   nice
   - if we could cover some of the BC breaks with E_DEPRECATED from

https://wiki.php.net/rfc/uniform_variable_syntax#backward_incompatible_changes
   that would be nice, but not sure if feasible.
   - if we could trigger E_DEPRECATED for list()-ing a string which will be
   removed in 7.0(https://wiki.php.net/rfc/fix_list_behavior_inconsistency)
   that would be nice.
   - E_DEPRECATED for the alternative php tags which will be removed with
   7.0(https://wiki.php.net/rfc/remove_alternative_php_tags).
   - merge https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/807 for adding E_DEPRECATED
   for multiple default labels in switch.
   - maybe we could add an E_DEPRECATED for
   https://wiki.php.net/rfc/session.user.return-value to notify authors of
   custom session handlers(
   https://wiki.php.net/rfc/session.user.return-value)
      - please note that the vote for this change was in favour for
      changing it in 5.7, so if we don't overrule the decision, we
don't add the
      deprecated message, but the BC break instead.

--
Ferenc Kovács
@Tyr43l - http://tyrael.hu