Hi Dmitry,

> On 2 Feb 2015, at 19:26, Dmitry Stogov <dmi...@zend.com> wrote:
>
> Agree. Strict type checks are simple and may be implemented more efficient.
> But in case we have to support both - weak and strict, this won't make any
> advantage.

I think this still works even if we support both. The RFC’s approach means that
within one file everything is strictly-typed, for example (except in rare cases
of declare() block usage).

> Static analyzers can work with weak conversion rules as well.

This is true, but weak conversion rules are less useful for error-checking in
practice: for some conversions, you can’t say AOT if they’ll work or fail, just
that they’ll “maybe” succeed. So I think analysis of strictly-typed code would
be more effective.

> Anyway, this is not directly related to run-time semantic we discuss now.

This is true.

Thanks.
--
Andrea Faulds