Hi,

I gave my votes (where I can talk about). I am still maintaining the NSAPI
SAPI. It does not meant that its dead if no commits were made. NSAPI upstream
API just did not change since years, so why change a running system?

The current version of this SAPI (5.6) runs perfectly with MediaWiki and
several CMS systems on latest Oracle iPlanet server in production. The
information about NSAPI you gave ("The developers of iPlanet @Oracle wrote
back, that they're not intended to support this SAPI starting from PHP7
onwards.") is not applicable, because people from Sun/Oracle never provided any
support or this extension - you should have asked the maintainer (me). Oracle
just recommends fcgi, because it might be more stable if you use non-threadsafe
extensions, but otherwise the server is perfectly stable and very fast. Oracle
employees only helped with one patch, otherwise it was mostly (re-)written by
me. In addition, the server works perfectly fine on Ubuntu 14.04, so it will
also run on Debian. It can be downloaded with Oracle OTN license, header files
are included. You can compile PHP 5.6 with it as documented:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/webtier/downloads/iplanet-webserver-525365.html

If there are changes needed in the SAPI for PHP 7, I can take care, I just have
not looked into it. It should not be a problem for me to update it, unless
significant changes in the PHP API occurred since my last commit (yes, I am a
bit inactive, but still following the development).

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
theta...@php.net - http://www.php.net