DO>It is true that desktop machines are easily compromised.  However, we are
DO>not searching for the holy grail here, just something practical and
DO>acceptable to all parties involved.  Also, I don't see the point of trying
DO>to solve everything with technology when there are other means such as
DO>social, legal, and business means to control the risk.

DO>Practically entire web is currently protected with just passwords yet the
DO>web is healthy and thriving despite constant attacks at all points.
DO>Everyone knows that DNS is a weak chain, yet billions use it everyday.

DO>Best,

DO>Don Park

Don,

If you really believe that ANY online method can possibly be "practical
and acceptable to all parties concerned", then check out this article
which appeared yesterday in the New York Times, and come back and tell
me if your opinion remains the same - if it does, then (forgive me!)
you're living in a dream world, not the real world.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=68&ncid=68&e=2&u=/nyt/
20020513/ts_nyt/credit_card_theft_thrives_online_as_global_market_losses_grow

I'm deadly serious! Take a couple of minutes *right now* and read this
article carefully - it will certainly be the most important thing you do
today (if not this YEAR).

(If you have any trouble accessing it, let me know and I'll send you a
copy.)

Cheers,

John Vinokur
President