InvestorMap.com Newsletter   -   5/17/1999

brought to you by:

http://www.investormap.com - THE guide to investing on the web!

In this edition:

   + Intro
   + New InvestorMap.com Features
   + Our Readers Write...
   + Investing News and Articles
   + Online Investing News
   + Mutual Funds
   + Global Markets
   + Year 2000 Update
   + Feedback
   + Subscribe/Unsubscribe Instructions

   * * Getting motivated * *

   I discovered I always have choices and sometimes it's only
   a choice of attitudes.
                                        Judith Knowlton, Writer

-- Intro --

Welcome to the latest issue of the InvestorMap.com newsletter.

Thanks to all of you who have helped us out by voting for
InvestorMap.com as a top financial site at PRAR's.  The more
votes we get the higher we'll be ranked, so if you haven't voted
yet, you can do so at:  http://www.prars.com/survey.html

We are very excited about our new partnership with IPO.com.
Interest in IPOs (Initial Public Offerings) is running high these
days and IPO.com does a great job covering them. With our new
partnership, you can get all this data and analysis on
InvestorMap.com. Everything is there including new filings,research,
pricings, withdrawals, and a calendar. Check it out at

http://www.investormap.com/investormap-ipo.htm

If you find our information of use, why not forward it to a
friend?  Subscribe at http://investormap.com/ezine.htm

Newsletter sponsorships and web site banner packages are available.
This is a great way to let the world know about your web site.
Contact us at http://investormap.com/contact.htm

----------- A message from our sponsor -----------

INVESTools Tip

Top Internet Stocks at a Steep Discount

Stock picker Stephen Quickel recommends only two Internet
stocks, Yahoo and AOL as strong buys. Their dominant market
positions and positive, accelerated earnings make them "must
holds". But before you buy, wait until the current Internet
blow-off is over - when they bottom out and begin to head up
again. Learn more about his Internet stock picks with your
FREE 30-day trial to The US Investment Report online now at
http://www.investools.com/cgi-bin/offer1/USIR/MAP-usirtip

-- New InvestorMap.com Features --

There are a lot of new features on the InvestorMap.com site to help
you track and manage your investments. Make sure you check them out:

- User friendly, powerful portfolio tracking:

http://investormap.com/financials.htm

- Configurable charts with technical indicators:

http://investormap.com/icq.htm

- Up to the minute IPO information:

http://www.investormap.com/investormap-ipo.htm

- Archives of past issues of this newsletter:

http://investormap.com/ezine-index.htm

******************************

-- Our Readers Write... --

Are you looking for a resource on the web? Do you have a question
that you just can't get answered? Suggestions for web sites to
review or feature?  Send them to us via email or fill out the web
form at: http://www.investormap.com/contact.htm

Here is a recent request:

"How about identifying a site where one can rate mutual
fund performance over 3-5 years based on after tax
return. What really counts is AFTER TAX return,
accounting for dividends and capital gains. Most sites
report pre tax returns. Most funds trade frequently,
incurring large tax obligations. It would need to allow
one to input one's tax bracket."

We admit it...we are stumped on this one. Can anyone out there suggest such
a site?

******************************

-- Investing News and Articles--

Cyclical stocks made a come back in April.  This informative article
talks about timing, what to look for in a cyclical stock and gives
their recommendation for the top five.

http://www.bloomberg.com/pfc/moncol.html?s=e7a5e33bff28b01b22ea687c3f77e27c

Here you'll find stock market links ranging from market timing and
day trading to stock and news tickers.

http://investormap.com/stock.htm

With the threat of inflation growing, market-neutral funds may offer
a safe haven in down markets.

http://www.cnnfn.com/quickenonfn/investing/mutualfunds/9905/14/funds_notebo
ok/

These articles focus on smaller cap companies and their upward trend
along with information on what to look for when investing in small
cap stocks.

http://www.diamonds-in-the-rough.com/index.html

http://www.bloomberg.com/pfc/pfc_bookstock_new99.html

http://www.canoe.com/FP/horvitch.html

For more small cap information go to:

http://investormap.com/stock-penny.htm

Find out how to make the most out of your 401K, and what to do
and not to do to make this investment work to your advantage.
*The best advice is the simplest: Max out.*
http://cbs.marketwatch.com/archive/19990512/news/current/superstar.htx?sourc
e=htx/http2_mw

This link offers additional information on managing your 401K.
http://investormap.com/personal-planning.htm

-- Online Investing News --

Investor's beware, the SEC has charged eight more companies and 18
individuals with Internet securities fraud.
http://quote.bloomberg.com/fgcgi.cgi?ptitle=Top%20Financial%20News&s1=blk&tp
=ad_topright_topfin&T=marketsbfgcgi_content99.ht&s2=blk&bt=blk&s=389fd15b92f
e4413b6c01d8dd50ef13a

Inflation news affects Internet stocks--here analysts discuss future
impact.
http://cbs.marketwatch.com/news/current/net.htx?source=htx/http2_mw

This seven-page brochure published by the Securities Industry
Association provides *On-line Investing Tips*.
http://www.sia.com/investor_information/pdf/On-lineI.pdf

-- Mutual Funds --

Mutual fund do's and don'ts from *The New Commonsense Guide to
Mutual Funds*.
http://www.bloomberg.com/pfc/pfc_bookmutual_new99.html

Capital Research and Management (CR&M), advisor of American Funds,
has opened the *New World Fund* until mid-June.
http://www.bloomberg.com/money/mutual/Morningstar2.html

This page gives you information on the SuperStar 100 Index, a
consensus directory of the top 100 mutual funds.  It also provides
links to the top 25 most viewed fund families and the top 100 most
viewed individual funds.
http://funds.marketwatch.com/ss100.phtml

This site has information on anything and everything related to index
mutual funds.
http://www.indexfunds.com/

Here are more links for you to research mutual funds:

http://investormap.com/mutual.htm

-- Global Markets - -

Get the latest information on how international indices are
performing.

http://app.marketwatch.com/intl/default.asp

Japanese bonds are predicted to rise as banks there continue to
avoid making loans.

http://www.news.com/Investor/NewsItem/0,213,0~0~~~~TOP~47020493~~~~,00.html

Here you'll find updates and predictions on Asian stocks.

http://www.news.com/Investor/NewsItem/0,213,0~0~~~~TOP~47020450~~~~,00.html

http://investormap.com/global-asia.htm

Japan to lend a helping hand by offering to guarantee $16 billion
in sovereign debt to its Asian neighbors.

http://www.cnnfn.com/worldbiz/asia/wires/9905/15/apec_sat_wg/

With more than $20 Billion in cash reserves, Microsoft is broadening
its' investments in the European market.

http://www.news.com/Investor/NewsItem/0,213,0~0~~~~NEWS~36464~~~~,00.html?nc

http://investormap.com/global-eur.htm

Our links will connect you with everything you need to know for
investing in global markets and global stocks.

http://investormap.com/global.htm

-- Y2K News -

Approximately 400 securities firms, stock markets, and utilities
took part in a series of simulated trades over a six-week period.

http://www.news.com/News/Item/0,4,0-35899,00.html?st.ne.87.head

Credit card users are warned of Y2K scam.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/Metro/apr99/990512creditcarduserswarned.asp

The Small Business Administration has unveiled a new loan program to
help small-business owners protect themselves from the Y2K bug.

http://www.latimes.com/HOME/BUSINESS/t000042630.1.html

>From general Y2K sites to those more specific like solution
providers and investing -- http://investormap.com/y2k.htm

-- Feedback --

Please send any ideas and suggestions to:

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED].

Good investing,

Jon Walker
[EMAIL PROTECTED]