InvestorMap.com Newsletter   -   6/2/1999

brought to you by:

http://www.investormap.com - THE guide to investing on the web!

In this edition:

   + Intro
   + Our Readers Write...
   + Investing News and Tools
   + Featured Site
   + Online Investing News
   + Global Markets
   + Year 2000 Update
   + Feedback
   + Subscribe/Unsubscribe Instructions

   * * Getting motivated * *

What life means to us is determined not so much by what life brings
to us, as by the attitude we bring to life; not so much by what
happens to us, as by our reaction to what happens.

                                Lewis Dunning

-- Intro --

Welcome to the latest issue of the InvestorMap.com newsletter.

We have added a new currencies page to InvestorMap.com which gives
you exchange rate increases and decreases not only for the current
day, but for the previous day, previous week, previous month and
previous year.  Check it out at http://investormap.com/c-forex-rates.htm

If you find our information of use, why not forward it to a friend?
Subscribe at http://investormap.com/ezine.htm

Newsletter sponsorships and web site banner packages are available.
This is a great way to let the world know about your web site.
Contact us at http://investormap.com/contact.htm

******************************

-- Our Readers Write... --

In our last issue a reader was looking for a site that rated mutual
fund performance based on an after tax return.  Thanks to all of
you who responded we have several suggestions:

Here you'll find a calculator for after-tax return.

www.financenter.com

This article on investing in funds tax efficiently focuses on
after-tax returns.

http://www.morningstar.net/News/MS/Alpha/990409alphagroup.msnhtml

Investor's Business Daily - Although not a web site, they provide
returns on an after-tax basis.

This week a reader writes:

*I would like to know if you have a historical database of stock
prices. I subscribe to a Data company, but the service is bad and
rather costly for 5 years of data.  I am also seeking Gold prices
in European and Japanese currencies.*

At FinancialWeb.com you can get historical stock data on any company
by simply entering the company's ticker. You can also use their *rapid
research* to find detailed fundamental information for over 8,000
stocks.

http://www.financialweb.com/stocktools/

http://www.financialweb.com/rapidresearch/

Here you'll find charts with gold prices in several different
currencies including the Euro and Japanese yen.

http://www.the-privateer.com/g-charts.html

This page will link you to other resources relating to gold:

http://www.investormap.com/stock-gold.htm

Are you looking for a resource on the web? Do you have a question
that you just can't get answered? Suggestions for web sites to review
or feature? Send them to us via email or fill out the web form at:

http://www.investormap.com/contact.htm

******************************

-- Investing News and Tools --

In an effort to relieve some of the pressure from electronic
communications networks, NASDAQ votes to expand trading hours.

http://cbs.marketwatch.com/news/current/hours_vote.htx?source=htx/http2_mw

Here experts take a look at the pros and cons of longer NYSE hours
and how they would affect both the pros and amateurs.

http://cnnfn.com/quickenonfn/investing/9905/25/nyse_investors/

For all the latest financial news go to http://investormap.com/newswire.htm

This Forbes index, based on the publicly held fortunes of members
of the Forbes Four Hundred, consists of the 40 publicly traded
companies that have created the greatest individual wealth in the

last year.

http://www.forbes.com/tool/toolbox/forbes40/index.asp

Track the markets and your portfolio minute-by-minute with this
desktop stock ticker.

http://www.fortuneinvestor.com/

Do you know the difference between a Direct Purchase Plan (DPP) and
a Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRIP)? Here you'll learn about these
no-load stocks and how to go about purchasing them.

http://www.natcorp.com/direct.html

For those of you already familiar with DRIP's, this site provides
extensive information and a number of services (both free and paid)
including a DRIP investment calculator that automatically calculates
a percentage of your normal investment amount to invest at the current
time.

http://www.dripadvisor.com/index.shtml

This page will direct you to a variety of information about DRIP's.

http://investormap.com/stock-drips.htm

Listed as a top seller, the *1999 Stock Traders Almanac* may be just
the investing tool you need.

http://www.traderspressbookstores.com/traders-investormap/bestsell.tam?xax=
16959&%78b=%2E12203

Here you'll find stock market links ranging from market timing and day
trading to stock and news tickers.

http://investormap.com/stock.htm

----------- Featured Site: StockCharts.com -----------

StockCharts.com provides you with more than 300 free stock charts and
a collection of powerful new analysis tools.  Charts include those of
the major market averages, S&P Sector indices, market breadth indicators,
commodities and currencies, as well as a collection of unique
*Interactive Performance Charts.*

As an online investor you can also get access to *ProphetCharts,* one
of the most powerful charting tools available anywhere.  Here you have
the power to analyze any stock in many ways.  It's fast and remembers
trend lines.

Check it all out at: http://stockcharts.com

-- Online Investing News --

Following suit with NASDAQ, online broker CyberBroker plans to expand
trading hours.

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/headlines/wr/story.html?s=v/nm/19990526/wr/inter
net_trading_2.html

In addition to longer hours, your trading options may become even
broader as Island, the second-largest electronic trading venue,
hopes to transform its service into a full-fledged stock exchange.

http://www.isld.com/pressroom/releases/043099.htm

SEC Chairman Arthur Levitt urges you to be aware of the down side of
on-line trading, including scam artists and glitches.

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/headlines/bs/story.html?s=v/nm/19990524/bs/inter
net_stocks_3.html

Want to find out what sites move markets? Time Digital picks the
best Web pages for trading, tracking investments, researching and
getting the latest gossip.

http://cgi.pathfinder.com/time/digital/reports/daytrading/guide.html

Here you'll find more information to guide you with online investing.

http://investormap.com/stock-online-ipo.htm

http://investormap.com/stock-online-brokers.htm

http://investormap.com/mutual-online.htm

http://investormap.com/broker-online.htm

----------- A message from our sponsor -----------

Make A Fortune With High-Speed Internet Access Enablers

Momentum investor Don Rowe expects the next decade to be
phenomenally profitable for the right Internet stocks. His
Internet picks include 12 technology leaders that enable
high-speed access to the Internet. These already profitable
companies can make you a fortune as they develop digital and
cable high speed Web access. Get Rowe's 12 picks with your
FREE 30-day trial to the Wall Street Digest online now at:
http://www.investools.com/cgi-bin/offer1/WALL/MAP-walltC

- - Global Markets - -

Not to be left behind, the Tokyo stock exchange may follow suit with
longer hours.

http://cbs.marketwatch.com/news/current/tokyo.htx?source=htx/http2_mw

These pages provide you with a wealth of information on foreign
industry and companies.  You can search by company/business name,
rank, country and industry.

100 U.S. traded foreign stocks:

http://www.forbes.com/tool/toolbox/int500/asp/100.asp?table=adr&year=1998

100 International Bargains

http://www.forbes.com/tool/toolbox/int500/asp/100.asp?table=bargains&year=1
998

Search by Country

http://www.forbes.com/tool/toolbox/int500/asp/country.asp?year=1998

Global Financial Data provides you with an archive of current and
historical stock data.

http://www.globalfindata.com

If you're new to the international scene, this book, *International
Investing Made Easy* - covers a multitude of investment opportunities
available in today's international markets, what to look for and how
to research them.

http://www.traderspressbookstores.com/traders-investormap/detail.tam?xax=13
560&%70agenumber.ptx=%31&%6Fldpage.ctx=%66ire.tam&%69tem.ctx=%3157

These links will connect you with everything you need to know for
investing in global markets and global stocks.

http://investormap.com/global.htm

-- Y2K News -

Being aware of Y2K banking scams will keep you one step ahead of the
culprits.

http://cbs.marketwatch.com/archive/19990407/news/current/brm_personal.htx?s
ource=htx/http2_mw

The SEC has added a number of new pages to their web site offering you
extensive information on Y2K readiness in the securities industry.

http://www.sec.gov/oiea1.htm

>From general Y2K sites to those more specific like solution providers
and investing -- http://investormap.com/y2k.htm

-- Feedback --

Please send any ideas and suggestions to:

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED].

Good investing,

Jon Walker
[EMAIL PROTECTED]