I think github is a very good choice.
It works (in contrast to gitorious) and is really fun to use.

I think the usual objections against cloud-based services don't apply here:
* they can't steal source/intellectual property because it's open source anyway. * a vendor-lock-in or something like that isn't really an issue either: everyone who clones the repo has the whole history etc, so even if github suddenly wants money or goes out of business it's easy to set up something like gitorious again with a clone of the git repo.

This would probably make sense for iodoom3 as well, even though I'm not sure it would help very much.. the interest in the doom3 GPL code seems to be quite low (same for d3 bfg) and with dhewm3 there already is a working port.. so no one will want to start again from the beginning, even though some people seem to be unhappy with dhewm3..

Cheers,
- Daniel