Sean/Remi - thank you both for your responses.

at the moment, I am only trying to support iPhone and Droid phones.

I actually run my desktop app on iPad's and am adding this support there,
but it's a normal submit and working fine.

I have found that the OS's that don't support HTML5 file fields render the
file field as disabled and then don't return the parameter in the response,
so I downgrade automatically to my existing approach where they can email
the file.

Per Remi's suggestion I will try to implement something I find on the web
for HTML5 ajax upload and see how that goes.   I was thinking maybe someone
had already done it and knows how it might interact with IUI form submit
code.

Sean - my IUI version is old and modified so I'm not sure we'll get a
useful patch from this work.

Thanks,
Kurt