SungJin Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> What is the difference between two advertisement below ?
>       - Renumbered home link router advertisement
>       - Router advertisement in a foreign link

I'm sharing your surprise there's no written differentiation.  It is
so striking that I imagine the authors have already thought of it and
left it as an exercise :-)

Let's say the MN wrongly considers the newly received RA as a
movement, when in fact it was renumbering at home.  It would first
configure a CoA and default route, then try a BU to his HA.  Now two
things can happen here: (1) either the HA is not yet renumbered, so it
will send a Binding Ack or (2) it has been renumbered and is no longer
reachable.  MN will use either the received Binding Ack (1) or HA
Discovery (2) to find out that the HA's prefix is the same as the
initial MN prefix (1) or as the CoA (2).  Surprise, you're at home, so
BU again, this time with zeroed lifetime to remove wrong cache entry.
Thus, renumbering took place and not visiting.

I think this would not work if home net and visited net both renumber
at the same time and take each other's prefixes.

Alex