On Tue, 8 Jan 2013, Steffen Juilf Smolka wrote:

The problem is still there on Mountain Lion with an American keyboard.
However, rebinding the kebyoard shortcut locally as you suggested does the
trick - thanks for the tip!

Here is an ugly hack (based on the KeyEventDemo you provided) that would solve
the problem:

KeyEvent e_ = null;
// pressing a key twice in 5 ms or less is probably impossible
final long eps = 5;

/** Handle the key pressed event from the text field. */
public void keyPressed(final KeyEvent e) {
        final boolean process = e_ == null || e.getKeyCode() != e_.getKeyCode()
                        || (e.getWhen() - e_.getWhen()) > eps;
        e_ = e;
        if (process) {
                displayInfo(e, "KEY PRESSED: ");
        }
}

Before starting such strange patches, we should learn how to submit reports to Oracle, maybe by taking http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/ as a starting point.

I've never done it for JDK myself so far, and I have no idea how long it might take for Oracle to move. When Apple was still in charge of its Java own version (until 1.6), I did file reports occasionally, but it was hopeleless. Larry Ellison has promised to do better than Steve Jobs.

I won't do anything here myself before the release, though. What is more immediate for me is to put some (other) patches on some jEdit tracker.

        Makarius