> Adobe should be able to recognize its own kind as it does correctly with
> grayscale and RGB jpg. It's impossible to fix something that even the full
> Acrobat doesn't recognize as a valid file.

        When I was hacking another PDF library (I mean PDFlib by Thomas Mertz),
he did a check on JPEG mark APP14 and invert the decode array if the marker
starts with "Adobe". It doesn't matter what Device Color the image uses, if it
is done by Photoshop, it should have an invert decode array. I think we should
use the codec from sun to interpret the image. I will have a look at
PdfImage.java.

        Could you send me the file so I can try that on PDFlib?

With regards

Phillip Pan