From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 20 March 2002 23:22
To: Rhys Lewis
Subject: RE: [iText-questions] Image by Photoshop

> > Here are two test jpegs that I was using.  The first is a cmyk image
saved
> > from Photoshop, the second is the same image converted to RGB colorspace
> > before saving (also from Photoshop).
>
>       Thanks for your image file. RGB jpeg should be fine to be embedded
in
> PDF since Photoshop does not invert the bits. CMYK jpeg created by
Photoshop
> will have the bits inverted, so for a quick fix just put decode array [1 0
1 0
> 1 0 1 0] in the image xobject dictionary. I am working detecting JPEG CMYK
files
> created by Photoshop. Hope I can fix it very soon.

        The fixed code has been sent to Paulo. He is preparing a new release
with the fix. If you need the source and are willing to compile the source
yourself, please let me know. Otherwise, just be patient for the new
release. Also, could you prepare a JPEG file under Photoshop on Mac for
me? Both device GrayScale, RGB and CMYK. Since I do not have Photoshop on
Mac. I
assume you might have. Maybe I am wrong. Anyway, thank you first.

With regards

Phillip Pan