        CopyPdf will pass the fields as they are for the first document it
finds with fields. It doesn't merge field from different documents.

> generation functions that would enable itext to generate the sign field by
> itself? If not, could the new features in anyway help me in the quest for

        Well, any field type can be added with the right keys and the right
dictionary but I know that's not the question. The last itext-paulo has
support for the generation of sig fields but not for signing them. See
signature.java in my site.

> adding a sign field or is this still a feature that could be introduced in
> later versions of I-Text?

        Form field support is being improved. If you have suggestions for
things that you would like I'm here to listen (linearization, transparency
and document signing are not in my near goals).

        Best Regards,
        Paulo Soares