Nope and nope :(.

Leonard

On Dec 3, 2007, at 9:33 AM, Samuel B. Quiring wrote:

Leonard,

Is there any documentation anywhere on this? Do you know of an example iText program that I could look at?

-Sam
----- Original Message -----
From: Leonard Rosenthol
To: Post all your questions about iText here
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2007 4:20 AM
Subject: Re: [iText-questions] How to change a PDF but preserve the rights

It _IS_ possible to fill in a PDF that has been "Reader Enabled" w/ o violating the rights - but it MUST be done in a very specific fashion using "append mode" on the source PDF AND only modifying a limited number of objects in the PDF.

So yes, if you are going to create a whole new PDF - you'll break the "Reader Enabling". If you're careful about what you do, and how you do it, you CAN accomplish your goal.

Leonard