OK so you have arbitrarily long chunks of text that are preceded by a heading
and you need to have the heading and the text kept together on the same
page. And where several chunks would fit on a page you'd like them to flow
together nicely to give the appearance of a single document. This can be
done.

ColumnText is your friend. Think of a column as text box (of any size)--this
will facilitate conceptualizing the solution.

You always know the coordinates of the first box (ColumnText), since it
appears on the first page. Make it the length of your page (less margins)
and fill it with your first heading and data and find out how much space it
takes. (Get the y coordinate of the last line.) Place another Column Text
below this (as you now have the coordinates) and fill it with the heading
and text of the second section and see if it fits on the page (as explained
in the book.) If it doesn't, move it to the next page. If it does fit, write
it out, get the new y-coordinate, and continue like this section by section
until you've output all your material.

It might help to know that ColumnText instances can overlap, so placing your
second Column Text over the unfilled portion of your original full-page
ColumnText is not a problem.

Good luck!

---mr. bean