You are right, if I remove the manifest child, the signature becomes VALID.
BUT I need also to handle the child manifest, for example this kind of
manifest:

<manifest action="include" use="#f87fc978-ac45-40f4-b115-df8f1ab94354"/>

If I understand well, to sign properly this document, you are telling me
that I must use a XML Digital signature (add the "<signData>" node to the
XFA following the DSIG recommandations).

But if I use Acrobat Pro to sign this kind of document (dynamic PDF), I can
see in the signed PDF that the XFA does not contain the "<signData>" node
but contains the "<form>" node updated with a new checksum. And if I
hard-code this checksum, my signature becomes VALID. Then I know my
signature process is correct.

Ideally, as the static PDF file case, I would have liked to not touch the
XFA form. But apparently it cannot be done this way and I need to write over
the "<form>" node. I would have imagined this checksum computation explained
more clearly.

What did I miss?