iTextSharp is FIPS compliant. The MD5 need by the PDF is generated with the
bouncycastle library and won't be affected by the compliance flag turned on.

Paulo

________________________________
From: Paul Blecha [mailto:pjble...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2011 3:21 PM
To: itext-questions@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [iText-questions] iTextSharp 5.1.2 and FIPS Compliance

I'm a govt contractor on a web application project, and:

 *   I recently upgraded to a utilization of version 5.1.2, since I had read
that at least version 5 was required for FIPS compliance.
 *   I have noted that there are other algorithms in the code besides those
that are FIPS compliant.
 *   I just saw a post from Paulo on another forum site indicating that MD5 was
required for PDF generation.
 *   My server environment will eventually, probably within six months, require
the "Enable FIPS compliance" flag to be turned ON.
 *   When the FIPS flag is on, ANY code that references non-compliant
encryption algorithms will break, EVEN IF those references are not utilized or
called from my application.

So, has anyone created a port of the latest iTextSharp that really IS FIPS
compliant?  Or at the very least, has anyone determined how to make the
existing code really WORK with the FIPS compliance flag being turned to "on"?
I'm assuming that if I just comment out the references to non-compliant
algorithms, it should work; but is Paulo's statement about MD5 being required
still true?  Do I need to consider a different PDF creation solution?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Paul