From: lrose...@adobe.com
To: itext-questions@lists.sourceforge.net
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 07:16:35 -0800
Subject: Re: [iText-questions] iTextSharp 5.1.2 and FIPS Compliance

You can't just blanket replace MD5->SHA-256, since there are parts of PDF where
you MUST use MD5 (and not doing so would create an invalid document).

Instead, you would need to disable the specific parts of iText that require MD5
and for others that can accept alternative hash algorithms, use one.
Additionally, you will need to be sure to disable the various password methods
that use RC4 or other non-FIPS algorithms.

Leonard