Hi,

 > Could you please tell me why when opening attached file, I can't read
 > plain text "Hello World" as mentioned in digitalsignatures20121017.pdf

<</Length 64/Filter/FlateDecode>>stream

Because your PDF contains a compressed stream. Trying to read that in a text
editor is like trying to read a .zip archive in a text editor  - won't work. If
you want to see / examine the structure of a PDF file, use a tool like RUPS
that's made to let you do exactly that.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/itextrups/

You'll find that the content of the compressed stream is actually
        BT
        36 806 Td
        0 -18 Td
        /F1 12 Tf
        (Hello World)Tj
        0 0 Td
        ET
Which is probably what you were expecting to see.

Bye, Martin
No Disclaimer.icomedias