[I realize this is an iText list and Bruno can smack me when he gets back
from the US, but I feel the need to correct errors]

Edward, I think you have some facts incorrect here.

> XFA fields don't expand

They most certainly DO expand - that's one of the benefits of XFA over
AcroForms.  Perhaps you meant that AcroForm fields don't expand??

> Livecycle documents don't flatten

I assume by LiveCycle documents you mean XFA-based PDFs, yes?  If so, that
is also not correct.  Adobe offers both desktop and server-side solutions
for flattening XFA and has for almost 15 years (since we introduced XFA).
Where did you learn that you couldn't flatten them?

> Live Cycle Server AND the module we needed to flatten LC forms

For server-side flattening, you do need to the Forms component of
LiveCycle - but you don't have to purchase all the other modules.
Alternatively, we offer a library (similar to iText) that enables this as
well if you wish to build your own solution.

All that said - Adobe is VERY HAPPY that the iText folks have invested in
XFA support in their product and will continue to support them in this
endeavor.

Leonard