mkl wrote
> PS: This is quite some work, and you really should know chapters 8 and 9
> of the PDF specification ISO 32000-1
> <http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/PDF32000_2008.pdf>

Very true.

I've had this on my "to do eventually" list for awhile now, and it's
something that could be investigated - but there would need to be some very
serious design discussions to figure out what the render listener should
receive.

I'm open to having those discussions, if there enough folks interested.  I'm
also insanely busy with work right now, so while I can partake in design and
architectural discussion, actual coding may be a bit off into the future -
but coding will *never* happen if the design isn't figured out.