On 1/29/07, Hans Verkuil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On 1/29/07, Hans Verkuil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > First test results:
> > 1. This module is a little pickier about the firmware, it won't accept
> > the greatest and latest pvr-500 fw from hauppauge (based on size), too
> > bad, I had good results with it. :/
>
> Read the README notes: it's the same firmware, just without the garbage at
> the end.

My sincere apologies. I didn't read the readme and thought 'newer is better'...

> > 2. It loads ok, and works.
> > 3. Without vbi in mythtv tested recording 2 streams at the same time,
> > this results in occasional glitches again, and they seem to be more
> > prevalent than the old 0.9.2 (svn) module.
> > 4. With vbi on, there are occasional freezes, glitches and audio glitches
> > now.
>
> Do you see any messages in the kernel log?

I've been testing a little since my last message and there are no
kernel messages at all while using MythTV. Dmesg is silent as well.
I updated svn yesterday and I'm now at 3756.
The glitches are still there with vbi on, but very infrequent. Without
vbi single tuner operation seems fine, but occasional glitches can be
seen when using 2 tuners at the same time. The vbi glitches visually
differ from the dual tuner ones, in the way that the vbi ones are
'harder' and a little bigger (see my first post with picture), the
others are mostly half a row of mpg blocks and mostly transparant by
nature, so visualy 'softer'.

The 'with-vbi' ps stream (with glitches) has a lot of "unknown"
packets, the 'without vbi' streams none.

Regards,
Martin
--
if but was of any use, it would be a logic operator