On Tuesday 30 January 2007 10:18, Martin van Es wrote:
> On 1/29/07, Hans Verkuil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > On 1/29/07, Hans Verkuil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > First test results:
> > > 1. This module is a little pickier about the firmware, it won't
> > > accept the greatest and latest pvr-500 fw from hauppauge (based
> > > on size), too bad, I had good results with it. :/
> >
> > Read the README notes: it's the same firmware, just without the
> > garbage at the end.
>
> My sincere apologies. I didn't read the readme and thought 'newer is
> better'...
>
> > > 2. It loads ok, and works.
> > > 3. Without vbi in mythtv tested recording 2 streams at the same
> > > time, this results in occasional glitches again, and they seem to
> > > be more prevalent than the old 0.9.2 (svn) module.
> > > 4. With vbi on, there are occasional freezes, glitches and audio
> > > glitches now.
> >
> > Do you see any messages in the kernel log?
>
> I've been testing a little since my last message and there are no
> kernel messages at all while using MythTV. Dmesg is silent as well.
> I updated svn yesterday and I'm now at 3756.
> The glitches are still there with vbi on, but very infrequent.
> Without vbi single tuner operation seems fine, but occasional
> glitches can be seen when using 2 tuners at the same time. The vbi
> glitches visually differ from the dual tuner ones, in the way that
> the vbi ones are 'harder' and a little bigger (see my first post with
> picture), the others are mostly half a row of mpg blocks and mostly
> transparant by nature, so visualy 'softer'.
>
> The 'with-vbi' ps stream (with glitches) has a lot of "unknown"
> packets, the 'without vbi' streams none.

Hi Martin,

Can you try the following:

1) upgrade to the latest ivtv trunk as there have been some new vbi
fixes.

2) tune to your favorite channel using ivtv-tune.

3) run v4l2-ctl -c stream_vbi_format=1 -b teletext,wss

4) run cat /dev/video0 >test.mpg

Let it run for awhile and check with 'ps-analyzer test.mpg' whether the
stream is valid or not. If not, then keep the test.mpg and mail me the
output of the ps-analyzer run. I'll get back to you with more
instructions.

If it all works, then try the same with two recordings at the same time
and make the same checks.

If that also works, then try to use MythTV again.

Oh, and if you do get errors from ps-analyzer, then also look at your
kernel log if there are any ivtv messages (such as DMA errors for
example).

Regards,

        Hans