On Sun, Feb 18, 2007 at 09:03:31PM +0100, Hans Verkuil wrote:

> Now the bad news: I've updated all the firmware archives on
> ivtvdriver.org by adding the new license files. This means that they
> all changed size and I promptly got a report that gentoo didn't like
> that one bit!
>
> I'm not sure who is maintaining the ebuilds, but it is hard to update
> them? The problem is that I cannot NOT add the license files. Now that
> we have them, they also have to be part of the archives.

Hello all,

The simple solution on gentoo is to go to your /usr/portage/distfiles
dir and perform
wget "http://dl.ivtvdriver.org/ivtv/firmware/firmware-20061007.tar.gz";

After that go to /usr/portage/media-tv/pvr-firmware and do:
ebuild pvr-firmware-20061007.ebuild digest

After that,

emerge ivtv will work as expected, although you will only get 0.9.1.

Getting the drivers and building yourself is almost as easy.

Kind regards,

Henk.