Hello,

I wrote some time ago to the users mailing list about this small "issue". I
noticed that modprobing ivtv for the PVR500 is a bit slow, taking about 12-13
seconds on my epia based system. Looking at the boot messages, I noticed that
the time is mostly spent loading the firmware encoder file (*.enc) for each
tuner. It happens during the modprobe of cx25840. Each tuner takes about 6 sec.

I use ivtv 0.10.0 (updated to 0.10.1 yesterday evening) with kernel 2.6.20,
debian unstable, 512 MB RAM, 1.2 GHz C7 Esther processor, SATA HD.

Is this normal ? Without ivtv, my system boots sort of fast (~ 25sec from grub
to openbox). Including ivtv makes it closer to 40 sec.

Any way to decrease this time ? I would love to use suspend to RAM and not boot
too often, but the unichrome pro IGP is not resuming correctly from S3 (black
screen).

Thanks for  your attention,
J.