On Saturday 10 March 2007 00:04, Martin Dauskardt wrote:
> I recognized that ivtv-fb.c is missing in current v4l dvb hg. It is
> also not listed in the thread "[PULL]
> http://linuxtv.org/hg/~hverkuil/ivtv";.
>
> Is ivtv-fb supposed to go into drivers/video like other frambuffer
> drivers? How can I get the matching source?

Use the ivtv-fb from the ivtv subversion repository. It's not yet in the
kernel. I really need to spend some time on this as well, but it is
complicated because ivtv-fb really is part of the framebuffer
subsystem, not of v4l-dvb.

> I also tried to build the v4l-dvb hg with merged ivtv trunk. But the
> v4l/Makefile has been changed; "make ivtv" is no longer supported.
>
> The only way to test the new driver (and to adapt applications) seems
> to be compiling the trunk against a vanilla kernel. But I need the
> latest v4l-dvb drivers for my DVB cards.

Use the '-mm' kernel series: the latest has ivtv in it.

But it should also be possible to use v4l-dvb and ivtv-fb from the ivtv
trunk. The unresolved symbol problem you had was not about unresolved
symbols but about versioning issues. If you compile the kernel
yourself, I recommend turning off module versioning. You can also
bypass version checks using 'modprobe -f' if I am not mistaken.

I will try to create some conversion guide this weekend, but no
guarantees.

Regards,

        Hans