On Mar 9, 2007, at 6:04 PM, Martin Dauskardt wrote:

> I recognized that ivtv-fb.c is missing in current v4l dvb hg. It is
> also not listed in the thread "[PULL] http://linuxtv.org/hg/
> ~hverkuil/ivtv".
>
> Is ivtv-fb supposed to go into drivers/video like other frambuffer
> drivers? How can I get the matching source?
>
> I also tried to build the v4l-dvb hg with merged ivtv trunk. But
> the v4l/Makefile has been changed; "make ivtv" is no longer supported.
>
> The only way to test the new driver (and to adapt applications)
> seems to be compiling the trunk against a vanilla kernel. But I
> need the latest v4l-dvb drivers for my DVB cards.

You can compile ivtv-fb.ko against v4l by just copying ivtv-fb.{c,h}
into the linux/drivers/media/video/ivtv directory, and changing the
Makefile there to build it.

Just change: obj-$(CONFIG_VIDEO_IVTV) += ivtv.o
to: obj-$(CONFIG_VIDEO_IVTV) += ivtv.o ivtv-fb.o
--
Tyler Trafford

A sect or party is an elegant incognito devised to save a man from
the vexation of thinking.
                 -- Ralph Waldo Emerson, Journals, 1831