What I was saying was that on line 96, s->buf_min isn't set, since the initialization of the buffer limits starts right below that, doesn't it? ivtv_stream_init() is only called from ivtv_stream_setup() which is only called from ivtv_streams_setup(), which looks to only happen when the card is first pci probed. I'm not all that familar with the streams setup, but that's how it looks to me. In either case, the value should be >> 10, since the printf says "kbytes" but the value for both buf_min and buffers is in bytes, no?

Chris Kennedy wrote:

It's not allocated yet, just shows how much memory is allocated to begin with, so when dynamic buffers are used (the default) that's what it'll say.