My ivy files look like the ones listed below. I tried changing the dependency
in ParentModule on ChildModule to use conf="*->*" but that made no
difference. The ivy reports for master, compile, and default are always
showing TestModule as a dependency of ParentModule because it was a
dependency of common-util in test. It's as though it's ignoring the
"test->default" rule that I stated in childmodule.

TestModule:
<publications>
    <artifact name="junit" type="jar" ext="jar"/>
</publications>

ChildModule:
    <configurations>
        <conf name="master"/>
        <conf name="test" extends="master"/>
        <conf name="compile" extends="master"/>
        <conf name="default" extends="master"/>
    </configurations>

    <publications>
        <artifact name="ChildModule" conf="master"/>
    </publications>

    <dependencies>
        <dependency org="junit" name="junit" rev="${junit.version}"
conf="test->default" />
    </dependencies>

ParentModule:
    <configurations>
        <conf name="master"/>
        <conf name="test" extends="master"/>
        <conf name="compile" extends="master"/>
        <conf name="default" extends="master"/>
    </configurations>

    <publications>
        <artifact name="ParentModule" conf="master"/>
    </publications>

    <dependencies>
        <dependency org="MyOrg" name="ChildModule" rev="${childmodule.version}"
changing="true"/>