Hello Guido

On 06.01.2014 21:00, Guido Winkelmann wrote:
For some reason, I cannot connect to jabberd2 2.3.1 with either xabber or
yaxim. I originally thought this was a xabber bug, so I reported it here:

https://github.com/redsolution/xabber-android/issues/268

However, it seems there are other people who suddenly have that problem after
switching to jabberd2 2.3.1.

Unfortunately, xabber does not display a useful error message, but yaxim says
"Session establishment not offered by server".

A friend also had the problem with his xabber client connecting after he did upgrade jabberd from 2.2.17 to 2.3.1. After I have just discussed this issue with him again (as I did not had any problems, but I do not use it from Android), he pocked around in the settings and did deactivate the option (translated from German): "use SASL authentication (recommended)" (deactivate for very old servers)
in xabber and he is able to connect again.

@Tomasz, could this be a "bug" or change from in jabberd 2.2.17 to 2.3.1?

bye
Fabian