I will put the scenario

I have two machines in current cluster. The idea is that in case load
increases i will add another instance to this cluster making it to 3
machines. Current configuration
     * A load balancer in front of two instances.
     * Each machine is running complete jabberd2 softwares (router, sm, c2s
 + modules SOs).
     * connected to a external DB cluster.

I am stuck with problem where "router" has to share routes. Assume
following scenario

     * Load balancer can forward incoming request from "User1" to
"Machine1" and "User2" to "Machine2"
     * Incase "User1" wants to communicate with "User2" that means both
"router" has to talk to each other.

Are you suggesting, I shall run single instance of "Router" and run
multiple instance of other components (SM, S2S & C2S). In this case,
"router" will be under load and will become critical ? How do we load
balance "router" ?