From: Ian Huynh [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2003 10:07 AM
To: James Users List
Subject: RE: Help: James 2.1.3 and java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException

Sounds like the security provider is not availabe to James.

check JAVA_HOME\jre\lib\security , file java.security
and make sure that your provider (AES) is listed in security.provider
section
Preferrably near the top

security.provider.1=sun.security.provider.Sun
security.provider.2=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider
security.provider.3=com.sun.rsajca.Provider
security.provider.4=com.sun.crypto.provider.SunJCE
security.provider.5=sun.security.jgss.SunProvider

I recall also that if u are using JDK 1.4.x or later and using high strength
encryption, it may also fail to load the correct provider.  You can fix this

by replacing local_policy.jar and US_export_policy.jar in the same dir with
the high strength ones on sun site