Hi,

With some friends, I am currently designing a new Roleplaying game
on Linux and we would like to use Java everywhere if possible.

I have downloaded and installed Gcj, the new java front end from egcs,
and Libgcj, the library implementation which works with it. Both
are currently only available as snapshots or in CVS but they
already work well for small programs. We would like to use them
to benefit from the speed gain.

My problem is that, at the moment, Gcj assumes the complete application
is compiled and other members in our group are planning to use advanced
JVM features like dynamic class loading, beans, introspection...

So far I think we need to interface the compiled Java code with a
real JVM. Some old Gcj documentation says they have planned to use
Kaffe for this purpose, but I see nothing in the code.

And now, I think Japhar will soon be a better alternative than Kaffe.

There come the questions...
Have you already been contacted by The Gcj team for collaboration ?
Do you think such work could be worked on by someone without
much JVM knowledge like myself ?
(I am looking for an *efficient* way to interface the compiled
 code with the JVM).

I am currently doing day work on a java app as an intern,
but my experience is limited.

And Thank you for supporting Mozilla...

Cyril Hansen