Hi,
whenever the issue came with the jasper, if any graphical elements you are
using in your reports, it will take some time to generate the report.
But if huge data to be displayed on the report, the issue goes with the time
taken to fetch data from database. So optimise the sql query for your report
which can help you out.

Regards,
Sadanand rajole
Pune,