I have already been able to successfully suppress for excel export a detail
section containing a subreport as well as page header and footer. All
contents are suppressed as I want, but the empty bands remain in the excel
export, still wasting their space.

I have already tried the following to get rid of them:

- net.sf.jasperreports.export.xls.remove.empty.space.between.rows

- net.sf.jasperreports.export.xls.collapse.row.span

- net.sf.jasperreports.export.xls.auto.fit.row

This makes ALL empty row spaces disappear, but unfortunately, not the empty
space of the band containing the suppressed subreport. As I willfully use
some empty rows, this removes everything I want to keep and keeps everything
I want to get rid of. The willfully used empty rows are no problem - I can
keep them by inserting an empty static text field for every one. This is not
a very elegant solution; at least, it fulfills its purpose. But one problem
is remaining: What about the large empty space of my suppressed subreport -
I do not have any idea how to get rid of it! I think it remains, because the
subreport only becomes invisible, but it is still printed - so it still uses
its space.

Does anybody have an idea how to completely suppress whole bands containing
subreports (not only their contents)? Thank you in advance for your helpful
brainstorming!