Hi Martin,
It sure does.
What is required (I think) is an update to the README.txt
I WAS able to install Axis 2 first time around doing mvn install... I had
no problems with custom plugins.
I do NOT have "...a build.xml at the top level which automatically builds
the plugins first and then runs a regular "mvn install"."
I can and will check out trunk and submit a patch for this if it is
required.
Best
Lewis

--